This is assuming where the father works and mother doesn’t. Imagine if both are working but still couldn’t earned enough.. haiyaaa,mcmana mau hidup laa…
Let ' s do some simple calculations here.
In Malaysia , the average family income is RM3,000 /month
(where father works, mother doesn ' t).
I understand there are many families whose monthly income does not reach RM3,000,
but, to make things simple, let ' s take RM3,000 as the figure. Ok lah, right?
Okay, let ' s start rolling with a family which has Papa, Mama, 1 daughter and 1 son. Ngam-ngam ......
- Electricity and water bill: RM100 (No air-con, No home theatre, No water heater ... ok?)
- Phone bill ( Telekom): RM100
- Meals for a happy family: RM775
(3 meals on RM25/day, RM25 for 4 persons...?)
- Papa makan / teh-tarik during working hrs: RM155
(RM5/day, RM5 ... can eat what?)
- Car repayment: RM400 (A proton saga aeroback, 7 yrs repayment)
- Petrol (living in city, traffic-jam) : RM300 (go to work, bring son to school, only can afford one car running)
- Insurance: RM650
(kids, wife and myself)
- House repayment: RM750 (low cost housing repayment for 30 yrs, retired still have to work to pay!)
- Tuition: RM80
(got that cheap meh? i don ' t think so)
- Older children pocket money @ school: RM20
(RM1/day, eat bread?)
- School fees: RM30
- School books and etc: RM100 (always got extra to pay in school)
- Younger children milk powder: RM50
(cannot have the DHA, BHA, PHA one, expensive)
- Miscellaneous: RM100
(shampoo, rice, sauce, toilet paper)
Oh wait!!! I have to stop here, so...
no movie @ cinema,
cannot go Park walk during weekend (petrol expensive),
no chit chat on phone with grandparents, and etc...
Let ' s use a calculator to total up... WALAO EH! Shit! RM3,610 already...
How to survive ? Please comment